(last updated: November 2020)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- CAN WE OPT OUT OF THE NEWSLETTERS, EMAILS, OR OTHER MAILING?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- DO EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you create a FriendMo account, you provide us with certain personal data, which is information that can be used to identify you, directly (like by name or email), or indirectly (like by your IP address). The personal data we collect from you may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Biometic data (ex. profile picture of your face)
- Location information
- IP Address
- Any other information you provide when performing a good in FriendMo
- Any other information you provide when updating your FriendMo account
We also collect information that you provide us about Friends you do good for (ex. their name, relationship to you, how often you want to do goods for them, or any other information you provide about them) and how you interact with them through FriendMo. If you choose to upload, sync, or import your contacts from your device(s) (such as an address book), that information is stored locally on your device.
Device Information and Usage Data
In order to improve our services, we also collect information on how you access and use FriendMo (“Usage Data”), as well as information about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with FriendMo (“Device Information”).
Usage Data may include information such as, but not limited to, your phone’s or computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages or features of the FriendMo app that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, the content you view, how often you use our services, and your preferences, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Device Data may include information such as, but not limited to, your operating system, hardware and software versions, IP address, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, plugins, cookie IDs and settings, connection speed data from cookies stored on your device, your GPS location, mobile operator name or ISP, language, time zone, and your mobile phone number. As we continue to develop and improve FriendMo services to you, other types of Device Data might in the future include Bluetooth signals, as well as information on nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Process and Use Your Data
We use your personal information for various purposes, such as:
- To provide and maintain the FriendMo website and app
- To notify you about changes to FriendMo
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of FriendMo
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve FriendMo
- To monitor the usage of FriendMo
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To detect, prevent and address cybersecurity issues and threats
Transfer of Data
Because the FriendMo technical and service teams, as well as our servers and service providers, are located globally, the personal data you provide us may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Should you choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer personal data and process it in locations where FriendMo owners, administrators, partners, moderators, developers, and tech support teams work including, but not limited to the United States, the Netherlands, Italy, and India.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
FriendMo nudges you to do one simple act of good, for one friend in your life, once a day, every day. We help you keep track of whom you do good for, and maintain and grow your friendship network over time by doing good.
Through our featured “Good of the Day”, we encourage you to perform that good for one friend, and to record the completion of that good on FriendMo. In some cases, you can perform the good for yourself. You can always perform the same good for more that one friend. In addition, you may have the ability to perform previous goods for one or more friends or for yourself, and record their completion on FriendMo.
Our mission is to spread good in the world. To achieve our mission, FriendMo provides the following free services to you:
- Creative daily suggestions (“Good of the Day”) to do a good for a friend or for yourself, either through the app or offline
- Ability to record whom you did a good for, and maintain a repository of all goods you’ve done and the friends you’ve done them for
- Build a directory of friends for whom you want to do good, and receive calendar reminders to perform goods for a specific friend
- See which other users of FriendMo – both in your geographic area and across the app – have done the same good as you, and give and receive thanks for doing the good
- Suggest new goods for the FriendMo community
Your account information and preferences; the list of goods you’ve done and whom you’ve done them for; your achievements on FriendMo (badges, streaks, etc.); and information you’ve entered about friends (people for whom you’ve done, or want to do, goods), are visible to you and to the FriendMo team, and may be visible (in whole or part) to other users of FriendMo based on your Account and Privacy settings.
When you complete a good, your first name, location, and achievements are visible by default on a public wall to all other FriendMo users who have completed that good on that day.
By clicking on your profile, other users may see your first name, last name, location, achievements, and profile picture.
You may send and receive thanks – in an automated, non-customizable message – to and from other users who have done the same good as you, on the same day. Users to whom you’ve sent ‘thank you’ messages, may see your first name, last name, location, achievements, and profile picture.
You may change these settings in the Account and Privacy section of the app, to choose exactly what parts of your profile will be visible to other users. You also have the option of selecting a “Full Private Mode” (where none of your activities on FriendMo are visible to any other user).
As stated earlier, if you choose to upload, sync, or import your contacts from your device(s) (such as an address book), that information is stored locally on your device. We do not view or store that information on our servers, and do not send any messages or share any information about you with these contacts.
Disclosure for Legal Reasons
There are certain situations when we may need to disclose your personal data in order to:
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of FriendMo
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with FriendMo
- To protect the personal safety of users of FriendMo or the public
- To protect the public interest, such as to prevent crime
- To protect against legal liability
- To protect your vital interests or those of others (in rare cases where we may need to share information to prevent loss of life or personal injury)
FriendMo does not engage in affiliate marketing.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service on FriendMo (“Service Providers”), to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related services, or to assist us in monitoring and analyzing how FriendMo is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of FriendMo This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Deadline Funnel
- Other Social Media and Communications Applications Downloaded On Your Phone
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not store personal information longer than we need it. We will retain your personal information for as long as your FriendMo account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, please note that you may not be able to use some features of FriendMo.
Examples of Cookies we may use:
- Session Cookies.We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies.We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies.We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
6. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
FriendMo may contain links to other sites that are not controlled or operated by us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise you to review the privacy policies of every site you visit. Privacy choices you have made on the third-party site or platform will not apply to our use of the information that we have collected directly through our own applications. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
FriendMo is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to FriendMo or guarantee that your information on FriendMo may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
If you have any questions about security on FriendMo you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
Please check your social network’s privacy settings for information about what data they share with FriendMo through your account. If after electing to use this functionality, you would like to disconnect a social media account from FriendMo, please refer to the settings of that social media account and its provider to disconnect.
9. CAN WE OPT OUT OF PROMOTIONAL EMAILS OR OTHER MAILING?
Automatically generated emails from FriendMo are signed by email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have received an unsolicited email that was sent, or appeared to be sent, from FriendMo, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to email@example.com. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the emails you receive from us.
10. DO EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union (EU) legislation that went into effect in May 2018 giving EU residents more control over their personal data. Article 5(1) of GDPR sets out seven key principles regarding personal data protection and requires that personal data shall be:
- (a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);
- (b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
- (c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’);
- (d) accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
- (e) kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals (‘storage limitation’);
- (f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).”
In keeping with the spirit of these principles, FriendMo provides you with the following protection of your personal data:
Access and Portability – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend or Correct– By visiting your account settings, you can correct and change certain personal information associated with your account.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com, and we will have all your data removed within 30 days.
Object or Restrict Processing – In certain circumstances, you may object against the processing based on our legitimate interests as a legal basis. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can object using the unsubscribe link in such communications or changing your account email settings.
Report – You may lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. Our Data Protection Officer’s contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Withdraw Consent – You may choose to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information using specific features provided to enable you to withdraw consent, like an email unsubscribe link or your account privacy preferences. If you have consented to share your precise device location details but would no longer like to continue sharing that information with us, you can revoke your consent to the sharing of that information through the settings on your mobile device. This is without prejudice to your right to generally permanently close your account and delete your personal information.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, or when required by law.
 For more information on GDPR, you can access the full text of the regulations at: https://gdpr.eu/tag/gdpr/
11. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
FriendMo is not targeted to anyone under the age of 18. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your minor child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from a minor without verification of parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to promptly remove such information from our records.
12. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by FriendMo to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. FriendMo will provide you with a list of the categories of personal information disclosed and a list of the names and addresses of the third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
14. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us [Our Data Privacy Officer is Aziz Lalljee] at [email@example.com] or by post to:
Communicate Yourself Press LLC
3044 OLD DENTON RD STE 111-237
Carrollton TX 75007